Er, oops. What can I say, I got distracted by the shiny new toy. Anyway, guaranteed hilarity, or your money back:
- Electron Boy: An amazing act of kindness, nerdiness and heart-warming…ness. The Make-a-Wish Foundation, with apparently half of Seattle’s celebrities, helped a boy with cancer become a superhero for a day. Everyone involved is a hero in my book.
- Chinese campus traffic accidents: Actually somewhat entertaining once you get around to convincing yourself that nobody got seriously hurt.
- SCOTT PILGRIM!!
- MORE SCOTT PILGRIM!!: I had some initial doubts about casting Michael Cera in the lead. No longer – now I just sit here and squirm in glee watching the trailers over and over again.
- Credit Card Concierge Experiment: You know those credit card concierge services they advertise on your super double platinum express mastervisa cards? Ever wondered what they can actually do for you? The author did, and the results are very amusing.
- Hunter Davis does very funny video impressions of Ian McKellen narrating famous pop culture lines. My favourites are Popeye the Sailor Man and Fresh Prince.
- DC covers in the Fringe alternate reality: What might have been for the DC Universe. A What If…?, if you’ll indulge my bad crossover reference. I caught up on Fringe after Lost ended, and the last few episodes of season 2 were very strong. Looking forward to season 3.
- Ambiguous (and often funny) newspaper headlines are apparently called crash blossoms. Article has some good ones: “Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim”, “McDonald’s Fries the Holy Grail for Potato Farmers”, “British Left Waffles on Falklands”.
- The Office Professional 2010 box apparently has a picture of a man trapped in a suitcase and surrounded by Office icons. The humanity!